Learning Commons Resource Overview
We are excited to share with you all of the resources available to families, as well as how you can access them.
What is available to families?
Accessing the resources as a parent
You can access the Learning Commons resources at https://hcs.insigniails.com/LibrarySAML/Home using your Encom login. If you don’t recall your Encom information you can reset your account by clicking here.
For more information on accessing the resources visit our Getting Started page for tutorials on logging in, how to search and more.
Accessing resources as a student
Students are able to access the resources above using their Encom account as well. Students enrolled in online courses can use the same information they use to access Moodle following the steps outlined in our Getting Started video. If they are not in online courses you can visit https://hcos.ca/moodle-setup for steps on creating their account.
If you change your password in Encom it will also change for the Learning Commons.
Physical Resource Limits
- The loan period is 10 weeks
- 8 free shipments, (4 round trips there and 4 back), per school year, Aug. 1st. To June 18th.
- Maximum of 40 items per shipment, minimum of five items.
- Maximum of 6 unit study kits out at one time (and part of the 40 item max).
- Maximum of 8 media items which include DVDs, CDs, and CD Rom (part of 40 items max).
- High School Textbooks (Grade 10-12) are loaned out for 10 months.
- Kelly Wiebe (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Raine Oddy (email@example.com) are your shipping experts
Using the Search Portal: Please read the instructions shared in the Google Slides or watch our video.
Booking Unit Study Kits (scroll to the Unit Kit tutorial videos under How to Use Unit Study Kits) More tutorials may be found on this page here.
Discover our Learning Commons staff here, or catch us on Live Chat daily between 9 - 3 pm.