Purchase Order Numbers or PO#s
When you receive a Purchase Order Number (PO#):
Once a child is enrolled at HCOS, they will be issued a PO# once all of the required documents been received by the office.
The office requires:
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Proof of Residency document
- Signed Curriculum agreement
- There may be additional documents required for specific students (ie. out-of-province, or IE students)
The PO# - used to order resources:
Families will receive a PO# from the HCOS office and it is accessible in a student's Encom account. The PO# is used with HCOS Vendors on their websites (HCOS Vendors) or through our Curriculum and Lesson Order Forms (found under the 'Curriculum Resources' tab at the top of a student's home page in Encom. The Curriculum and Lesson Order Forms are used to order resources from non-HCOS Vendor websites and are subject to date restrictions (Lessons only after October 1st of the current school year and Curriculum orders are suspended for the month of July each year)
Budget deadlines and amounts:
The budget for K-9 Students enrolling before September 30th of the current school year (and haven't attended any campus school during the week prior to September 30th) is as follows:
- Parents choose to either pay an annual $200 tuition (monthly or all at once) and receive a $600 resource budget or they can pay $0 tuition and get a $350 resource budget.
- The cost for HCOS online courses automatically comes out of a students annual budget.
K-9 students enrolling after the end of September pay $0 tuition and receive a $200 resource budget.
K-9 students enrolling after the second enrollment deadline in February pay $0 tuition and don't receive a resource budget.
For K-9 families, the PO# can be used as soon as it is in Encom and it is recommended purchases be made in consultation with:
- Regional Administrator - initial contact with HCOS Resource Consultant - Cynthia Duncalfe - sign up at Cynthia's Calendar - new families to HCOS prior to the assigning of an HCOS support teacher
- Current support teacher - returning families
Students in grades 10-12 pay the following for courses (a resource budget of $50 is available for Individualized Elective Courses only):
- Courses 1-4: $50 per course
- Courses 5-9: $0 per course
- Courses 10+: $35 per course
Teacher’s Role in the PO# process:
Reimbursement for own dollars spent:
A parent can not be reimbursed for any resource/lesson purchases made out of their own pocket.