HCOS LG Code of Conduct and Terms & Conditions
HCOS Learning Groups are committed to offering innovative, Christ-centered educational opportunities for home learners. As part of Heritage Christian Online School, we adhere to our school and societal mission, values, biblical attributes, policies, protocols and procedures.
- We expect and promote open, honest communication, so that all students, teachers and families feel safe and valued at all HCOS Learning Group activities.
- Participants are asked to share with an HCOS teacher and or Learning Group Supervisor about any behaviour misconduct or bullying they’ve witnessed so that prompt intervention is possible.
Behaviour, tone, and our words are important. Students and families are expected to speak and act respectfully towards all involved in HCOS LG Settings. Please refer to the Biblical attributes within our learner profile as a guide to what we are working towards.
Students are expected to wear modest clothing and refrain from public displays of affection that are unsuitable to a group learning environment.
- The purpose of Learning Group activities is to support and build community in a welcoming learning environment. Personal media devices should be left at home and not be in use during Learning Group activities unless permission is given by an instructor for the purpose of the activity.
Where violations of the code of conduct take place, the safety and security of students will be the primary concern. While the goal is to re-integrate students where possible, a student may be asked to refrain from further participation until a meeting can be arranged for all parties to work together to address the situation and develop an appropriate action plan as needed.
LG Application Terms and Conditions
The event fee is non-refundable, or on a graduated scale for extended events, because we have made commitments to paying our facility and teachers, bought supplies, etc. as we've planned for the event.
Learning Group (LG) Code of Conduct and Cancellation Policy:
- I acknowledge that I have read and agree to adhere to the LG Code of Conduct and HCOS Policies and Procedures throughout my/our participation in this event.
- Reminder to communicate with your teacher and/ or school that you have applied to participate in this LG activity.
- Fees are based upon school affiliation at time of application and parents are responsible to ensure sufficient funds are available.
- Parents are responsible to ensure sufficient funds are available. Upon submission of application for this event, Learning Group fees are non-refundable. Alternate arrangements and exchange of monies may be made to have another student take your child's place, provided adequate notice, approval, space permits. Please consult with the event coordinator.
- I authorize the Learning Group coordinator and/or instructor to administer first aid and/ or attend to medical emergencies if required.
- To best support all students in a group setting appropriately, I authorize the Learning Group coordinator and/or instructor to contact my support teacher.
- Please note: It is very important during the application process to disclose all pertinent information about areas your student may need additional supports. If additional information is later discovered that was withheld during the application process, HCOS may not be able to offer the required supports and your student may be asked to leave the program.
- Acknowledgement of Risk: HCOS does not require nor endorse students participating in activities with increased levels of risk to fulfill course requirements, nor does the school assume any liability for injury or death while engaged in course activities. Therefore if a student chooses to participate, they acknowledge and understand the nature of the activity and the level of risk involved. Families must ensure that they have appropriate insurance to cover student participation, as HCOS does not provide insurance coverage for students.
Cancellation Fee Schedule- CCs and long term events
Please note, this is an example only. The applicable version to your family is part of your CC or Extended Learning Camp application and part of the auto-email you receive after clicking ‘submit’.
*Once I submit the application, I understand that the Community Connections cancellation/ refund policy is as follows:
- Non-refundable application fee: 5% or 10% / $50 of your total per student fees charged is considered an application fee and is non-refundable and payable by credit card.
- Cancellation Refund Schedule: Please note the graduated fee schedule should the coordinator receive notice of cancellation or withdrawal.
- July 1 or Aug 1 to Application Deadline: $50/ $100 total per student will be charged for notice prior to the application deadline.
- Application Deadline to start date: $100/ $150 total per student will be charged for notice prior to the start date.
- Start Date to Dec.15: 50% of the fees are refundable for notice provided prior to Dec.15, after which non-refundable.
- Term 2 and Term 3 student additions: Application and pro-rated event fees are payable in full and are non-refundable.