Emergency in General Community Locations
Emergency encountered while in the Community or on the road i.e. during a Learning Camp or other Learning Group Activity
- LG proposal and approvals as per LG Event Planning Steps
- Include inherent risks and complete waiver forms as appropriate
- As indicated in the event planning steps, ensure access to
- Student medical and safety forms
- Student group supports forms
- Legal Alert information
- Emergency contact information for each child
- Photo waiver information
- Adhere to the related School and LG Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to the Emergency Protocols and Procedures
- Coordinator or Adult in Charge to ensure a First Aid kit is either available on-site or taken along.
- Parent accompaniment recommended for full student experience and extension of learning at home.
- Parents are responsible for the care and supervision of their child(ren) at all times where indicated i.e. not a drop off event.
Families are expected to arrange their own transportation to and from field trip activities. In the rare event that an accident or emergency occurs while transporting students:
- Account for all students.
- Release students only to parents, guardians or authorized representative. Record name to whom students were released.
- At the scene, do not discuss the accident with any onlookers. Never speculate about what happened. Never accept or place blame.