Emergency in General Community Locations
Emergency encountered during a Field Trip
- Families will sign field trip forms that:
- Include inherent risks and complete waiver forms as appropriate
- As indicated in the event planning steps, ensure access to
- Student medical and safety forms
- Student support forms
- Legal Alert information
- Emergency contact information for each child
- Photo waiver information
- Ensure students adhere to the related School Policies and Procedures
- Ensure students adhere to the Emergency Protocols and Procedures
- Flex Staff Field trip supervisors ensure a First Aid kit is either available on-site or taken along.
- Parent accompaniment may be recommended for full student experience and extension of learning.
- Parents are responsible for the care and supervision of their child(ren) at all times if accompanying their child on a field trip.
In the rare event that an accident or emergency occurs while transporting students, Flex Staff Field trip supervisors will:
- Account for all students.
- Release students only to parents, guardians or authorized representative and record name to whom students were released.
- At the scene, not discuss with any onlookers. Never speculate about what happened. Never accept or place blame.