Electronic Supervision and Online Session Recording
For the protection of Flex Academy, our staff, our teachers, our parents and our students, we have the following safeguards in place:
- Leadership may at any time request to see any and all email correspondence teacher to teacher, teacher to parent, and teacher to student that is sent through the HCOS email server.
- Leadership may also access teacher to student, as well as student to student electronic communication through Bright Space.
- Students participating in online forums: All forums are teacher mediated. Text is archived and leadership may request transcripts of previous chats.
We do not have access to personal email. Electronic communication that occurs outside of HCOS servers is not accessible to us and we are unable to monitor those communications.
Online Session Recording
Flex Academy considers the privacy and protection of student information of utmost importance. We also hold the value of community and the relationship between students and teachers to be paramount. In a hybrid learning environment, this is achieved partially through the use of technology including, but not limited to, video conferencing platforms such as Zoom.
Teachers may occasionally record lessons in order to support student learning (eg for later viewing and review). In order to protect student information, teachers will:
- Ensure all parents are aware of the possibility of a recording and acknowledge and complete the Online Recording Consent form and ensure no student whose parents have not consented is included in a recording.
- Will upload the video to one of two approved sources:
- Vimeo - ensuring all videos are set to Private and have a password
- Google Drive - ensuring the link is only shared with individual email addresses
- Will ensure the link for the video is not made available publicly or provided to anyone not enrolled in the class or persons who have signed the Kelowna Christian Center Society confidentiality clause.
- Work with families to find alternatives for students whose parents do not want their image or name in a recording.