Graduation and School Completion Policy
(a) has an IEP, and
(b) is enrolled in an educational program that is not designed to meet the graduation requirements set out in Ministerial Order M302/04, the Graduation Program Order, and the student
(c) meets the learning outcomes contained in the student’s IEP, if that IEP contains all the learning outcomes of the student’s educational program, or
(d) has successfully completed the student’s educational program, if the student’s IEP does not contain all the learning outcomes of the student’s educational program.
A British Columbia School Completion Certificate may be issued by the Minister (a) in the form set out in Schedule A, or (b) where the student requests a British Columbia School Completion Certificate in French, in the form set out in Schedule B.
HCOS Steps to School Completion Certificate
SE/LS students have several options for graduation. To ensure that the appropriate documentation goes out to our students, teachers will fill out the graduation/school completion form for all grade 12 or applicable students planning to leave the school.
Once the form is received, the SE Grad Administrator will provide the teacher and/or student with any further documents, forms or information required to receive the appropriate certification. Should you have specific questions or ideas regarding procedures or necessary changes to the form, please contact the current SE Grad Administrator.
After receiving the form, the SE Grad Administrator will ensure that one of the following is completed:
- the student has the 80 required credits/assessment by checking the unofficial transcripts and current report cards
Adult Graduation Program (AGP)
- the student has completed the 20 credits, checking the unofficial transcripts and current report cards
- that 3 of the 5 courses were started after the student’s 18th birthday
- the student has been reported as an adult student and that AGP is listed on the unofficial transcript
- assessments have been reported as Q if the student will not be writing the provincial exam (applicable in the 17/18 and 18/19 school year)
School Completion Certificate Program (SCCP)