Flex Academy Tuition Information
As a division of Heritage Christian Online School, an independent school in BC, Flex Academy receives only 50% of the funding that an equivalent public school receives. In order to provide the educational services expected of a school, independent schools need to charge tuition to make up a portion of the difference from what a public school receives.
Flex Academy does the same, though at a lower rate than other independent schools in the region. Additionally, the majority of independent schools charge an increasing rate of tuition as students move into higher grades due to the inherent increased costs of running educational programs at the middle and high school levels. However, at Flex Academy, our hybrid educational model allows us to keep the same full-time tuition rate all the way through Grade 12.
2024-2025 Tuition Scale
|Number of Learners (K-12)
|Annual Tuition Per Learner
|Total Annual Family Tuition
|Average Annual Tuition Per Learner
|12 Month Payment Amount
|Second Learner (40% Discount)
|Third Learner (76% discount)
|Fourth Learner (86% discount)
|Fifth+ Learner (100% discount)
Click here for Junior Kindergarten Tuition Information
By enrolling your child(ren) at HCOS: Flex Academy, you are committing to partner with the school for the entire school year.
- Tuition is collected on a 12-month Pre-Authorized Debit plan (July 23rd through June 23rd) or a Semi-Annual plan paid through Pre-Authorized Debit or Credit Card (July 23rd and January 23rd).
- Ongoing failure to maintain a current tuition account and the ability to meet financial obligations of the chosen payment plan may result in the family being placed on Probationary Enrollment and/or the family’s enrollment being rescinded.
- If a payment is rejected by the financial institution for any reason, there will be a $25 fee.
- Should a family be facing circumstances that impact their ability to pay tuition, they are expected to contact the school at the earliest notice to inform the office and administrative staff.
- Upon enrollment at HCOS: Flex Academy, students in good standing are continually enrolled from year-to-year until they graduate or leave the school. Continuous enrollment requires that families maintain up-to-date contact and personal information with the school to ensure effective communication. The school will publish the upcoming school year’s tuition rates no later than January of each year.
- While students are continually enrolled at HCOS: Flex Academy, their placement status is not guaranteed until all financial obligations from the previous year are fulfilled.
- Late enrolments are defined as after September 30th each year
- Late enrollments will be accepted based on vacancy for the requested grade(s).
- Tuition for late enrollments will be calculated as a percentage of the remaining school year (eg. January enrollment will pay 60% of the annual posted tuition, representing 6 months of the school year)
- A student or family who elects to withdraw for an upcoming school year must provide written notice of withdrawal on or before June 15th to avoid the collection of 2 months’ tuition (July and August). In other words, a student or family who withdraws between June 16th and September 14th is responsible for 2/12s of the annual tuition.
- If you choose to withdraw your child(ren) on or after September 15th for any reason, the prorated annual tuition (over 12 months) including the current month plus one additional month, will be charged to your family's account. For example, if a family chose to withdraw in November, they would be required to pay all tuition due from July – November in addition to December.
- When a student is expelled or asked to withdraw for disciplinary reasons all prorated tuition and any other outstanding fees are due and payable.
- When a student leaves HCOS: Flex Academy for any reason, all unpaid accounts remain due to the school, even after graduation.
Charitable Tax Receipt Information
Payee(s) are issued a charitable tax receipt in February for the portion of tuition paid that pertains to religious instruction (please note, any payments for which a charitable tax receipt has been issued are non-refundable). The receipt amount varies from year to year and is calculated in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements. This receipt may be used to reduce the amount of personal income tax paid and, consequently, reduce the total cost of tuition.
Families seeking financial assistance can complete this assistance application available online until September 30. Regular tuition will be charged until the application is submitted and approved. Assistance is based solely on your family’s income and allocated funds for this program are limited.
CRA Requirement - Families receiving Tuition Assistance bursaries of more than $500/student will have a T4A issued in the name of each applicable student. The total Tuition Assistance will be split equally among all siblings enrolled for each school year.
Families wishing to discuss tuition assistance can email our Office Manager.