Where to start when making a curriculum purchase?
There are two ways to make a curriculum purchase with HCOS
Option 1. Purchase Order Number:
- Purchase curriculum directly from an approved vendor using your student Purchase Order number
- A list of approved vendors, who accept HCOS Purchase Orders (POs) along with instructions on how to make each order, can be found on our website under Resources Vendors
Option 2. Purchasing Department:
- Purchase curriculum from vendors, who do not accept our Purchase Order numbers, using the Purchasing Department (example: Amazon) and the Curriculum Order Form.
- Instructions on how to make a purchase using the curriculum order form can be found on our web site on the New Curriculum Purchasing Procedure page as well as in SOPHIE under the title Purchasing Process for Families
Parents who order from US vendors to Canada are personally responsible for any customs or brokerages fees.
Parents CANNOT ship to a US address, even with cheaper postage, as HCOS, as the legal owner of the curriculum, would be liable for brokerage and customs fees.
Please note the following curriculum vendors who have specific and unique instructions listed below
Please note: As per the Ministry of Education, HCOS cannot reimburse families for any reason. Please do not make purchases using your personal funds with the intent of HCOS reimbursing you.
|Name of Vendor||Unique Instructions|
|Teachers Pay Teachers||
List the items you want on the curriculum order form. The purchasing department will then purchase a gift card to cover those items and send you the gift card. Once you have used the gift card, the receipt from the purchase needs to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please Note: Due to difficulties connecting with customer service and the inability to ship directly to a families (when we use our HCOS account), HCOS can no longer purchase Abeka Curriculum directly from Abeka.
If a family requires Abeka curriculum, they can fill out a curriculum order form and purchase the items from Christianbook.com. The purchasing department will place the order and make payment for that.
* Please Note:
The purchase must be set up in the parent’s Abeka account with parents choosing the 10 month payment plan. Once the order is placed, the parent will need to email their Abeka account login information along with their Abeka sales order number to the purchasing department. The purchasing department will then go into the parent account and pay the amount available for the year. The parent will then pay the remaining portion of the payment.
A specific amount is set up each year as the max that will go toward Abeka Academy depending upon the exchange rate at the beginning of the school year.
|Homeschool Buyer's Co-op||
There are a number of vendors whose curriculum is at a lower price through the HSBC. Orders for those vendors are placed on the curriculum order form. Here is the link to the various vendors who give discounts:
In order for us to make these purchases, the parent must have a Homeschool Buyer’s Co-op account and include the email they use to set up that account in the note section of the curriculum order form.