HCOS has partnered with TrueNorth Esports to offer a fun, competitive team experience for our students. For our initial pilot we will be playing Rocket League. Students will be placed into teams of 3 and given the opportunity to compete against other students across Canada under the supervision of our HCOS Coach.
Students grades 9 through 12 can sign up to be a part of our HCOS Esports team! For our pilot we are limiting it to 10 students. A Learning Groups signup is available for our pilot at https://hcos.ca/esports-lc.
Join a growing community by signing up for Esports with HCOS. We will meet together with your coaches to work towards growth in communication, teamwork and to have fun together as we play games and grow in relationship.
There are different seasons throughout the school year. Typically Fall (starting in October), Winter (starting in January) and Spring (starting in April). Exact start dates will be communicated through the Learning Groups sign up form.
From the comfort of your own home! Students are able to join from a PC or console (Xbox & PlayStation).
- CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz Dual core
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64 bit) or Newer (64 bit) Windows OS
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 760, AMD Radeon R7 270X, or better
- Free Disk Space: 20 GB
- Dedicated Ram: 2048 MB
- External Keyboard and Mouse or Controller
- External Monitor
Most Importantly - Why?
We firmly believe Esports is more than ‘just video games’. Esports is a vehicle to develop communication skills, collaborate with teammates, and develop leader skills. Like traditional sports, students have to use critical thinking and other life skills to overcome obstacles.
- Universities now offer Esports programs and scholarships. This has created a new and exciting track towards post-secondary education.
- The world is digital and effective online communication is critical. Gaming helps students learn effective team and communications strategies.
- A complete STEM curriculum (coming Fall 2022) provides student athletes with opportunities to develop in-demand skills and prepares them for post-secondary and beyond.
Esports helps students deepen their levels of interaction and communicate more effectively, fostering a key component of leadership development.
Social and Emotional Skills
- Playing with purpose! Our program offers student athletes the opportunity to compete in Esports with the purpose of building school pride, developing leadership qualities and fostering strong self-esteem.
- Participating in team activities promotes a sense of community and responsibility.
- Mindfulness, Interpersonal Relationships, Distress Tolerance and Emotional Regulation are four key components of our Responsible Gaming program.
For more information on Esports please check out these resources:
If you have any questions please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.