Gr. 11 Course Planning Worksheet
Grade 11 - British Columbia Dogwood Graduation Program Planner
If you are entering Grade 11 in the 2019/2020 school year, please use this template.
- You are funded in BC until you are 19 years old, giving you the option to take Advanced Placement courses or arrange your schedule more flexibly (ex. take two months and go on a missions trip).
- In the Scheduled column, indicate the month and year (e.g. 02/11) you plan to start that course during this school year. In that column, also indicate Semester 1 (S1), Semester 2 (S2), or Linear (L) depending on your planned pacing for each course. You will have one calendar year from the date of registration to complete a course so sometimes it is advisable to add a course later in the year than September to give yourself the maximum amount of time to complete.
- In the Date Completed column, indicate the month and year (e.g. 06/11) that you completed the course.
- Feel free to Print this template. If you use the options in the top right corner, you can print to PDF and then physically print a hard copy to complete.
|Required BC Ministry Courses||Credits||Scheduled||Date Completed|
|English Language Arts Module 1||2|
|English Language Arts Module 2||2|
|Social Studies 10||4|
A Mathematics 10
|Physical and Health Education 10||4|
|English Language Arts 11||4|
|Social Studies 11 or 12||4|
|Science 11 or 12||4|
Mathematics 11 or 12
|English Studies 12||4|
|Career Life Education||4|
|Career Life Connections with Capstone Project||4|
|1 Fine Arts or Applied Skills (at the grade 10, 11 or 12 level)||4|
|Literacy Assessment Grade 12|
|Locally Developed Courses (for HCOS Certificate)||Credits||Scheduled||Date Completed|
|Christian Studies 10||4|
|Christian Studies 11||4|
|Christian Studies 12||4|
|Additional Grade 10 through 12 Credits||Credits||Scheduled||Date Completed|
|Foreign Language (if planning to attend university,
up to Grade 11)
|Total Credits Required:||16 minimum|
|Total Credits Required to Graduate:||80 credits|
- Of the 80 credits needed for graduation, at least 16 must come from Grade 12 level courses.
- If your student is considering a post-secondary university education, BE SURE to check to see if they require a Language 11 course as part of their Admissions criteria. Also check to see if they have any other specific course requirements.