Gr. 11 Course Planning Worksheet
Grade 11 - British Columbia Dogwood Graduation Program Planner
If you are entering Grade 11 in the 2018/2019 school year, please use this template.
- You are funded in BC until you are 19 years old, giving you the option to take Advanced Placement courses or arrange your schedule more flexibly (ex. take two months and go on a missions trip).
- In the Scheduled column, indicate the month and year (e.g. 02/11) you plan to start that course during this school year. In that column, also indicate Semester 1 (S1), Semester 2 (S2), or Linear (L) depending on your planned pacing for each course. You will have one calendar year from the date of registration to complete a course so sometimes it is advisable to add a course later in the year than September to give yourself the maximum amount of time to complete.
- In the Date Completed column, indicate the month and year (e.g. 06/11) that you completed the course.
- Feel free to Print this template. If you use the options in the top right corner, you can print to PDF and then physically print a hard copy to complete.
|Required BC Ministry Courses||Credits||Scheduled||Date Completed|
|Social Studies 10||4|
A Mathematics 10
|Planning 10 or Career Life Education||4|
|Physical and Health Education 10 or PE10||4|
|Language Arts 11 - Communications 11 or English 11||4|
|Social Studies 11||4|
|Science 11 or 12||4|
A Mathematics 11
|Career Life Connections with Capstone Project||4|
|1 Fine Arts or Applied Skills (at the grade 10, 11 or 12 level)||4|
|Numeracy Assessment (if you did not write the Math 10 Provincial)|
|Total Credits Required:||52 credits|
|Locally Developed Courses (for HCOS Certificate)||Credits||Scheduled||Date Completed|
|Christian Studies 10||4|
|Christian Studies 11||4|
|Christian Studies 12||4|
|Total Credits Earned:||12 credits|
|Additional Grade 10 through 12 Credits||Credits||Scheduled||Date Completed|
|Foreign Language (if planning to attend university,
up to Grade 11)
|Total Credits Required:||
|Total Credits Required to Graduate:||80 Credits|
- Of the 80 credits needed for graduation, at least 16 must come from Grade 12 level courses.
- If your student is considering a post-secondary university education, BE SURE to check to see if they require a Language 11 course as part of their Admissions criteria. Also check to see if they have any other specific course requirements
- Daily Physical Activity: Students in Grades 11 and 12 must document and report a minimum of 150 minutes per week of moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity. This may also be fulfilled by taking PE 11 and PE 12