Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For more information on Frequently Asked Questions, please visit our Learning Commons FAQ website.
Which Subscriptions Offer Lesson Plans?
Many of our subscriptions offer lesson plans. Go to Subscriptions with Lesson Plans to find information about accessing lesson plans in our subscriptions.
What Do Subscriptions Cost?
All subscriptions are free to Enrolled HCOS patrons See below for a list of subscriptions available to registered patrons. Any other subscriptions which need a curriculum budget billing will need to be processed through the Purchasing Department and are not offered through our Learning Commons.
Can Families Purchase Subscriptions with Their Curriculum Budget?
Yes, families may purchase subscriptions using their curriculum budget AS LONG AS they do so through the purchasing department. The curriculum order form for that purpose can be found on parents' home page in Encom under "Curriculum Resources".
There will be no reimbursements for purchases which have not been done by the purchasing department.
What If the Subscriptions Login Does Not Work?
When the subscriptions login doesn’t work for some reason, these are the things to try first:
- Check that you are not adding an extra ‘blank’ space at either the beginning or the end of your username or password. Make sure they are located at the very beginning of the space allowed, and that your cursor is right at the end of the password, no little extra blank space.
- Check whether your username or password has both upper and lowercase letters; some subscriptions are case-sensitive.
- Try using a different browser to access the subscription. If you usually work in Google Chrome, then try using Internet Explorer, Safari or Firefox.
- You can always try to re-boot your computer. Turn everything off and then on again.
- Lastly, you should try clearing your browser cache. Here is a site which will let you choose your browser, then gives you instructions for clearing the cache. http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/ (What can happen is that your browser has saved a “broken link”. If it does that, it won’t matter how often you try to log in, you won’t get there, because your computer keeps reverting to the wrong link. Clearing the cache will remove that saved broken link.)
- Sometimes just waiting a day and then trying it again seems to work!
If you’re still having trouble, please email Margaret at email@example.com Don’t give up!!! We promise it will be worth your while!
Can Students Use Subscriptions in the Summer?
Yes, students are welcome to continue using their subscriptions through the summer. Please note that the passwords will be changing for the upcoming school year during the summer, except Tynker which closes down during the month of July. Parents will need to check the Search Portal for the new passwords in order to continue logging in. Using the "Search Portal" link, click on "Subscriptions" and enter using the Encom username and password.