- Enrolled vs. Registered
- Enrolled Program Overview
- How to Re-Enroll at HCOS
- Instructions for Enrolled DL Patrons
- Purchase Order Numbers or PO#s
Enrolled vs. Registered
This page provides more information on the differences between enrolling and registering a student(s).
- Provided with a Support Teacher
- Accountable to be in regular weekly contact with the Support Teacher
- Accountable to Provincial Learning Standards
- Curriculum budget per child for Grades K – 9
- Curriculum budget per course for Grades 10 – 12
- Option to take courses by an individualized approach, by an online approach, or an integrated approach, which is a blend of the first two
- Ongoing portfolios showing work accomplished in individualized courses are sent to students’ Support Teacher
- Receive Report Cards twice a year
- Receive a Provincial Graduation Certificate (Dogwood or Completion)
- No Support Teacher provided
- Not accountable to follow Provincial Learning Standards
- May take online courses from Grades 10 to 12 through HCOS
- Are not required to send in Portfolios
- Do not receive a Provincial Graduation Certificate
- Can receive the Equivalency Graduation Certificate
For an overview of what resources are available for Registered vs. Enrolled students, please visit LC registered vs. enrolled.
For more information on the difference between enrolling and registering your student(s) please see this document.
Enrolled Program Overview
HCOS will discuss the variety of support services, the responsibilities for families and also miscellaneous information during the initial interview.
Your Support Teacher will:
- Be your child’s Home Room teacher at HCOS and is responsible for your child’s educational program. They also support families through prayer, encouragement, and educational program guidance
- Have regular contact (emails, phone calls, home visits when possible and desired)
- Collaborate on a Student Learning Plan (SLP) starting in September and it may be adjusted throughout the year
- Provide assessment through regular feedback on work sample submitted weekly, Interim Grade Reports as needed, and Report Cards at the end of our two terms (end of January and end of June)
- You will be contacted by your Support Teacher in August or early September
- PO numbers will be given which may be used through a variety of vendors. Please see our list of participating vendors
- Once curriculum for core subjects (Science, Socials, Language Arts, Math & Languages when applicable) is established, curriculum budget may be used for lessons and other resources
- PO numbers can be found in Encom
- Learning resources and kits
- Online Library
- Community Connections
- Community Connections Plus
- Learning Camps
- Can meet with to go over resources and what can work for each grade
- Have been built based on common resources for each grade to help get started as needed
Foundation Skills Assessment (FSA) Testing
- Students enrolling in grades 4 and 7 are required to write the FSA tests in October and these are written at each family's home
- Online courses are available for grades 5 to 9
Documentation to be sent to HCOS office
- Copy of birth certificate
- Care Card Number
- Curriculum Agreement
Weekly contact with support teacher
- Emails, phone calls, SeeSaw/Freshgrade, Zoom calls, texts, or other agreed upon methods
- Face-to-face visits when possible or desired
- Sharing of work samples and activities as guided by your support teacher
How to Re-Enroll at HCOS
This page highlights the process in which you will need to know when re-enrolling at HCOS.
- Sign in to your Encom account
- If you do not recall your password please go here
- If you are unsure of your Username please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the Re-enrollments button:
- Read through the instructions and select Yes or No and press the Save and Continue button.
- Follow instructions on screen to complete re-enrollment.
PO Numbers for 2020/2021, if applicable, will be issued and can be used on April 27, 2020, the week of HCOS Connect.
If you have any questions, or need assistance in this, please contact Carole in our office.
Please note: If you are one of our Registered families you will need to contact your Regional Administrator or the HCOS Office (Toll free: 1-877-862-2375) or email to go through the re-registering process.
Instructions for Enrolled DL Patrons
Purchase Order Numbers or PO#s
When you receive a Purchase Order Number (PO#):
Once a child is enrolled at HCOS, they will be issued a PO# once all of the required documents been received by the office.
The office requires:
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Proof of Residency document
- Signed Curriculum agreement
- There may be additional documents required for specific students (ie. out-of-province, or SE students)
The PO# - used to order resources:
Families will receive a PO# from the HCOS office and it is accessible in a student's Encom account. The PO# is used with HCOS Vendors on their websites (HCOS Vendors) or through our Curriculum and Lesson Order Forms (found under the 'Curriculum Resources' tab at the top of a student's home page in Encom. The Curriculum and Lesson Order Forms are used to order resources from non-HCOS Vendor websites and are subject to date restrictions (Lessons only after October 1st of the current school year and Curriculum orders are suspended for the month of July each year)
Budget deadlines and amounts:
The budget for K-9 Students enrolling before September 30th of the current school year (and haven't attended any campus school during the week prior to September 30th) is as follows:
- Parents choose to either pay an annual $200 tuition (monthly or all at once) and receive a $600 resource budget or they can pay $0 tuition and get a $350 resource budget.
- The cost for HCOS online courses automatically comes out of a students annual budget.
K-9 students enrolling after the end of September pay $0 tuition and receive a $200 resource budget.
K-9 students enrolling after the second enrollment deadline in February pay $0 tuition and don't receive a resource budget.
For K-9 families, the PO# can be used as soon as it is in Encom and it is recommended purchases be made in consultation with:
- Regional Administrator - initial contact with HCOS Resource Consultant - Cynthia Duncalfe - sign up at Cynthia's Calendar - new families to HCOS prior to the assigning of an HCOS support teacher
- Current support teacher - returning families
Students in grades 10-12 pay the following for courses (a resource budget of $50 is available for Individualized Elective Courses only):
- Courses 1-4: $50 per course
- Courses 5-9: $0 per course
- Courses 10+: $35 per course
Teacher’s Role in the PO# process:
Reimbursement for own dollars spent:
A parent can not be reimbursed for any resource/lesson purchases made out of their own pocket.